Are you planning for Mount Kilimanjaro Hike but confused about the Best Time To Hike Kilimanjaro? In general, months from March to May are considered as the long rainy season of Kilimanjaro. Trekking in rainy weather can be a little harder. So let’s look into the best time for Mount Kilimanjaro Hike.
Best Time Of Year To Hike Kilimanjaro
The best part of Kilimanjaro Weather is that it is quite predictable throughout the year. As Mount Kilimanjaro is standing near or almost exactly on the equator it is obvious to face a tropical climate there. Before deciding the Best Time Of Year To Hike Kilimanjaro, we should take a glance at the monthly weather condition at Kilimanjaro.
- JANUARY: This month encounters the largest number of tourists for its soothing weather condition. You will find January as a warmer month with less rain and cloud. It is considered as the Best Month to Hike Kilimanjaro. But sometimes bad weather catches the travelers during this month.
- FEBRUARY: This month delivers warm weather with dry dusty surroundings. Though this month is also on-demand, sometimes the dusty surrounding makes you lung full of dust. And for that reason, we recommend keeping a buff and full-sleeve jacket. So if you are going to Kilimanjaro during February, then you have to careful with your Kilimanjaro Packing List.
- MARCH: This is the Kilimanjaro Rainy season, where you find the whole mountain covered with the heavy clouds. You will face heavy rain, thunder-storm, and snowfall on the Kilimanjaro. So it will be way too hard to climb the wet slippery mountain with wet garments.
- APRIL: It is the middle of the Kilimanjaro rainy season. During this month you will face heavy rainfall and thunder-storm just like the previous month, even more than that. So this month has the least traveler visitation.
- MAY: As this month includes the rainy season, it experiences little drier weather as before. Still, it encounters fewer visitors for the fear of rain and wet steeps of Kilimanjaro.
- JUNE: During June, Kilimanjaro starts freezing severely. You will feel the cold after the second night on Kilimanjaro. If you are going to travel in June then go for 8 days Lemosho Route as it frames some great sunset, sunrise.
- JULY: July gives good mountain vacations as most of the holidays coincide in this month and the chance of rain becomes almost zero.
- AUGUST: Most of the travelers plan for Mount Kilimanjaro Hike during August because of its dry weather. It is considered a bit warmer month but a little colder too on the western side. During this time you can enjoy the perfect clear mountain clouds floating beneath.
- SEPTEMBER: If you are thinking to Hike Kilimanjaro in the best Kilimanjaro Hiking Season, then you must hike in September. It is as this is one of the busiest months for Kilimanjaro. Most of the people plan for the trekking during September. It has warm and dry weather, giving a perfect situation for hiking.
- OCTOBER: During October you will find the warmest climate on the mountain. The sky remains clear these days gives a fantastic morning view on Kilimanjaro. This month also faces good traffic.
- NOVEMBER: With November, the short rainy season is started at the Kilimanjaro. This month gives a poor mountain view as the dark clouds cover the mountain.
- DECEMBER: This month faces a good amount of visitors from the mid-December. As all the big holidays occur, people choose this month. Still, there is a little rain at the starting of the month.
A schematic representation of weather conditions in Kilimanjaro is shown in the following table which will help you to decide When Is The Best Time To Hike Kilimanjaro.
As you can see the following information in the above table;
- January, February, July, August and September months encounter a high traffic due to a suitable weather.
- Due to the high chance of rainfall during April, May and November, you will find very low traffic during these months.
Depending upon the season you will find different Kilimanjaro Hiking Costs as, during the high season, a surge in hotel tariffs is seen.
** If you require any assistance for your Kilimanjaro trip then please visit our page Kilimanjaro Hiking Guide.
Factors Affecting To Decide Best Month To Hike Kilimanjaro
From the above discussion, you have got a brief scenario of then weather conditions throughout the year which you should consider while choosing your Best Time To Hike Kilimanjaro. But there are some other factors, listed below which may affect deciding the Best Time To Hike Kilimanjaro.
- RAIN: Rain plays a vital role while deciding the hiking time because it creates the most difficult situation for the traveler. It has two rainy seasons, one is from March to May and the other one is from November to mid-December. During rainy seasons, the steeps of Mount Kilimanjaro becomes so slippery. Along with the wet mountain, your clothes also becomes wet, which can’t be dried because of the Drizzy weather. All these reasons will make your Kilimanjaro pathway too difficult. Though our trained Kilimanjaro Mountain Crew will be there to help you it is better to choose a warmer season.
- TEMPERATURE: Kilimanjaro is almost on the Equator Line. So you will see the tropical weather there. During January to march it feels a little warmer(25-degree Celcius), June to August faces a cold climate (20-degree Celcius). As you know the higher you go colder you feel, the height you achieve on Kilimanjaro, the colder you will feel.
Are you Preparing To Hike Kilimanjaro in the rainy season? No doubt, It is a little bit risky to hike Kilimanjaro during the rainy season. You should never forget the Kilimanjaro Safety. We, at Serac Adventures, are concern about your safety. We deliver the best hospitality at Kilimanjaro.
Hurry up and grab an exciting offer.
We are just a call away.
Leave a comment
We’re expert at turning African safari dreams into long lasting memories. Every member of our expert staff has climbed each route we offer and have traveled the surrounding parks to provide you with the ins and outs of planning your Mt Kilimanjaro and Safari expedition. We will speak with you to address any questions or concerns you may have so your only care will be enjoying the beauties of Africa. AFRICA IS OUR HOME, KARIBU NYUMBANI !